Monday, November 9, 2009

My workout for today

Hi everyone! Hope you had a great weekend! It was a beautiful weekend here in the NW Chicagoland area. It was in the upper 60s and I absolutely enjoyed it. I took the boys out to the playground. We goofed around and I did a playground workout as well. Just moving your own bodyweight can really bust you up! A menu of various versions of pushups, dips, & pullups can really kick @$$!!

Now moving onto today's workout:

Warm-up
1) 25 Bodyweight Squats
2) 20 Mountain Climbers
3) 25 Hindu Squats
4) 20 One Leg Burpees (10 for each leg)

Main Workout (One bar at one weight is all I'll need.)
1) Barbell Complex (3 sets x 8 reps each movement using 115lbs)
* Bent Over Row/Stiff Leg Deadlifts/Hang Clean/Push Press/Good Morning/Sumo Squat *
2) Tri-set (3 sets x 8 reps each movement using 115lbs)
* Power Clean/Power High Pull/Power Curl (I start down on my knees with the bar in front me. I will then pop up to my feet, perform the movement, and then drop down to my knees.)*

Mini-Circuit Core Workout (2 rounds)
1A) Sledgehammer Swings On Tire (20 reps, 10 alternating each side)
2A) Overhead Medicine Ball Slams While Standing on Tire (15 reps, 12 lb. ball)
3A) Battling Ropes (10 waves, 20 alternating waves, 20 in-&-out waves, 10
circle-in waves, 10 circle-out waves, 10 side-to-side waves
)

Cool Down With Light Static Stretching


I'm gonna hit this later this evening. I should be completing this between 40-50minutes. Fun stuff! Leave me a comment or two about this workout! Thanks and Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

High Performance Fitness Resources